Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mid-week Adventure

As most of you know I have a hard time sitting still. Being home on maternity leave is a bit of a challenge for me, as I'm not the biggest fan of just "being" at home. I have to find daily outings...walks to the park, library, etc. I am on an endless pursuit to fill my calendar with daily events to look forward to and make the days fun for us all.

My dear friend, Meg, has Wednesdays off and she graciously invited the McCulloch girls to play with her and her boys today. YAY! A fun outing and a change of venue (for some reason I just had to get out of Carmel today)! So we loaded up and made the trek down to Broadripple for some quality time with the Moosbruggers.
This is not the best picture (sorry Meg!), but I had to show you what Meg carried the bambinos in: a garden wagon! Meg put a blanket down and we loaded Izzy, Jude & Oscar into the wagon with some snacks and we were OFF! We first fed the ducks (and geese) on the canal and then went to a park for playtime.
Izzy thought this was so funny...she kept quacking at the ducks and then was blowing them kisses as we left! We had SO MUCH fun with the Mooses...a very big thanks to Megan for entertaining us all and for a yummy lunch. BOTH girls are fast asleep as I type this, so we may have to have more outings with this crew!
Delaney continues to be a great sleeper and eater. She is spending more and more time awake, even following us with her eyes and becoming more social. Still a champion sleeper at night, allowing me about 7 hours of sleep total (which I'm more than ok with). However, she has just started having a fussy time in the evenings...where Mike and I have to take turns trying to soothe her. Walking outside with her and bringing her into the "panic room" (downstairs bathroom with an exhaust fan the strength of a jet engine) are ways that we're coping.

As for Isabelle, she's been protesting her naps the last few days. From the sounds of many friends, toddlers tend to do this when a new baby enters their home. They don't want to miss a thing and therefore remain awake. I really can't complain too much, as Izzy simply reads her books in her bed, doesn't cry or yell out, and has yet to get out of her bed on her own. We simply give her the quiet time that she needs. However, after 1.5 hours of her reading in her bed this afternoon, she FINALLY tuckered out and succumbed to a much-needed nap. Phew. Hope she's back on track now.

0 comments :