Sunday, July 18, 2010

All the Single Ladies...

Mike spent the past 3 days on his annual boys' baseball trip (Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincy) while the girls and I stayed home and did fun girlie things. I had Friday off and we spent the morning with Deanna & Connor at the zoo. It was a HOT one but we somehow managed to survive. D and Connor are old pros at the zoo, as they are members, so they showed us the ropes. I LOVE that D knew exactly where to go, what to see, and how quickly to do all of it. With (almost) 3 year olds, their attention span is limited...so we flew by some non-essential exhibits (snakes/desert) and ventured on to the more important ones (see pics). It really was my kind of visit - and we all loved it. Can home to some 4 hour naps!
Connor & Izzy looking at the sharks
Looking for Nemo (please note Izzy's accessories, which were her choice: two plastic fish rings, hair bow AND a head band with two piggies)
Zebras
Rhinos
Elephants
Deanna took both kiddos on the carousel (um, did I mention she is 29 weeks prego at the zoo with us in this heat!?!?)
Saturday morning Brenna came over at 7am to watch the girls while I got a long run in (thank heaven for girlfriends!!!). Then the girls and I went to the pool to meet Lori for swim lessons (I manned Laney Bug while Lori did lessons with Izzy Lou). We then spent a few hours swimming and hanging out. Lori and Izzy enjoyed the lazy river...and again, what would I do without such amazing girlfriends to get me through a weekend sans husband?! I'm so fortunate.
Bubbles

Saturday after naps we headed out to dinner at Chicl-Fil-A and some playtime in their toddler play area (we had to get the sillies out!). Sunday morning we woke up and headed out for breakfast and then a trip to Sam's Club. It was a bit overcast all day, but we still managed to squeeze in another trip to the pool. After naps we actually hung out at home and watched some movies and snuggled on the floor with some popcorn. We also managed to do some serious potty training all weekend and spent every minute at home in big girl undies. Here's to hoping some headway has been made! (We did get some ice cream - a very rare treat - on Saturday night b/c Izzy pooped on the potty!!!)

We REALLY miss Mike and are anxiously awaiting his return in a few minutes. The girls and I had a lot of fun; however, I'm not sure I could do this all the time. I have tremendous respect for single parents out there - this is some hard work! But I must say, being able to do 3 days (sort of) on my own is quite gratifying!

1 comments :

Murphy Family said...

Kel - Great post! Love the pic of the kiddos at the zoo! We had a blast on Friday and can't wait to see you guys again...SOON! Can't imagine how nice it was to see Mike tonight! :)