Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday, pool, & a fish fry...

This was quite a busy weekend for us...felt like we were constantly on the go. Sometimes I just enjoy having nothing on the calendar, but this weekend I was pumped for every activity (minus my 12 miles on Saturday morning). Swim lessons Saturday morning followed by some time at the pool. You'd never know that we actually saw Jaime & Luke, as I forgot the camera (this is unlike me, as I average about 50-100 pictures a week!). But we did. See them, I mean. Very briefly (too briefly, in fact). Anyway, we went home for naps (while I snuck away for a hair appt and some quick shopping) and woke up to go to Christopher's 1st birthday party.

Was fun to spend the evening with good friends and good food. As I was saying goodbye to Katie I became choked up talking about how quickly the year has flown by for both of us. We both struggled with infertility for several years each, and now we have such blessings with our littles. I remember when we used to talk about fertility procedures...now we talk about poop. Ha!
Laney Bug & Christopher
Playing with the birthday balloons
Mike & Bug
Laney looooves to swing!
Singing
Happy Birthday!
Another craft...I'm really enjoying making these!
Sunday morning while Laney napped & I did laundry and bathroom cleaning, Mike worked in the yard with Izzy (this is becoming their routine: Mike pulling weeds or watering the garden while Izzy tags along - super cute).
Mike stayed home to work more in the yard while the girls and I escaped to the pool. (I know some of you are thinking - and secretly judging - Izzy eating her apple sauce through a straw...this is what happens when I forget a spoon!)
Sunday evening Brenna & Scott had us over for a long-awaited fish fry. Brenna and I have a VP that has a lake house and her husband fishes...long story short, she gave some of their lake perch to Brenna and we decided we HAD to fry it up! When we arrived the girls were surprised to find a bouncer in the back yard...so fun! Izzy took to it immediately while Jack and Laney were a touch more hesitant. I'm hoping we can borrow it for Laney's birthday party, as it was such a hit!
Crawling; Laney's rendition of bouncing
Izzy bouncing while Jack looks on
We all enjoyed the deep fried fish (way to go, Scott & Mike) and were moving on to dessert when we noticed that Jack had a blow-out. Scott swifly scooped him upstairs to the bath and no sooner was the water running than Izzy announced that she pooped, too. Mike checked....yep, blowout. Cleaned her up and then Laney ALSO had one. Um, only a parent can appreciate this haltingly fast stop to a dinner party. It was comical to say the least, especially since we left their house with unclothed children. Here's to hoping we get invited back again!

0 comments :