Sunday, July 25, 2010

Girls' weekend in Chicago...

So I decided I needed to have 1. A girls' weekend and 2. A change-up in my training. The perfect culmination of the two was running a half marathon in Chicago with my best girlfriends from home. Friday afternoon I jumped into the Feller caravan to Chicago (thanks, guys, for letting me tag along!) and we were off on an adventure.
Friday night Mary and Jenny and I picked up my race packet and ate at Garibaldi's (my favorite Italian food and also where I worked in high school). The girls went out that night while I stayed in and got some sleep. It stormed the entire night, not letting up even in the morning. Thunder and lightning storms and pouring rain. I took off for the race and was soaked just walking to the start. The race was delayed 30 minutes and STILL the rain was pouring down. The girls arrived just in time for the start and were major troopers and took pictures of me along the course while cheering for me the entire time. Let's just say my performance was lackluster; I was soaking wet, running soggy shoes/socks (read: BLISTERS), I had stomach issues almost from the get-go, and the event staff ran out of water (!!!) at mile 8. My finish time was 15 minutes SLOWER than what I just ran the Mini just 12 weeks ago. Let's just say I was very disappointed and ready to get out of my drenched clothes and shoes and move on with the weekend. (And wouldn't you know it - the sun came out on our drive home from the race!)
The BEST friends a girl could ask for
Mile 3
Finish
After the race Jenny and I drove into the city to meet Erin for a 12 o'clock Cubs game (vs. the Cards). We lucked out and had Suite tickets (thanks Jen & Mike) so we enjoyed the game in comfort of free beer and food. Again, thanks Budweiser for the suite! PS-The Cubbies won! So much fun. We spent the rest of the day in Wrigleyville (the world's largest beer garden)...and then went home to rest and ended up staying in and watching a marathon of Jersey Shore. Girl time!!
Shaded seats, thank goodness
Sunday morning the Feller caravan got an early start back home so we could go to an Indians game in Indy.
Laney enjoying the game
Both girls loved the cold ice cream (it was 90 degrees!)
Some other random pics:
More crafts (I'm kind of addicted to making these as gifts!) The "A" for Brenna and the "G" for Mary.
Izzy making brownies
The girls having a tea party...love that they are starting to play a little more together. Most times Izzy wants nothing to do with her sister, while Delaney wants to be doing everything Izzy is doing! Ha!

0 comments :