Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Party for the Bigs

This was our second year of going to the most epic Halloween party we've ever. I've been asked to explain why it's so amazing and I just can't put it into words accurately enough to give it justice. Massive house, several different bars (with hired tenders), dining room full of food, decorations to the nines, "Shot Wheel of Misfortune", surround sound music piped into every room, living room furniture moved out, light show moved in and the best part...a custom pole installed smack dab in the middle of it all. Epic.

You may remember my most favorite Halloween costume ever from last year. I had ever intention to wear that leotard again this year, as it transforms me into a different persona. But my husband and our neighbors wanted to do a group costume. So the leotard is waiting in my drawer for next year. Sigh. Instead, we chose to go as the Fresh B.eat Band. Don't know who that is? That's ok...you really should only know them if you have pre-school aged children. It's a group that teaches children about music, rhythm, beats and dance. It's truly one of the more tolerable shows we watch (and I know all the words to their songs and much of their dance moves). So we did it. We scavenged Goo.dwills to find the silly little details and donned our best Fre.sh Beats:
 Mike's character plays the keyboard. We don't have one. So the accordion had to make due.
 With Maggie (a Katy P.erry groupie, her best friend went as KP) and Sarah (Amy Wi.nehouse)
Of course I danced my toosh off. For 3 hours. Took several turns on the pole (have a few bruises on my legs from this). Those drumsticks transformed me even though I didn't have my coveted leotard on. I made some fun new friends. Reminisced with friends from last year ("Are you Jane Fonda?!" Um, yeah, and I wanted to be her AGAIN!). And can't wait for next year.

0 comments :