Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Izzy turned 4...

Little Miss Iz turned 4 last Friday and she had quite the princess-themed week of birthday celebrations! We now are the proud owners of every single D.isney princess costume. And matching shoes. And crowns. And jewelry. And doll. Oh my does our play room now resemble a dressing room! Had to get rid of some toys to make room for all the dress-up! All girl. All the time.
Grandma Laura & Bobo stopped in town for a birthday celebration of (princess) cake and Cinderella presents.
Mike & I got Izzy a (princess) bike complete with training wheels
She's still learning how to pedal...that darn back-pedal break gets her every time!
Annual birthday shirts...complete with crowns, of course
So excited to put up 4 fingers now instead of 3
We started off the birthday morning with a trip to the Pediatrician (I'm such a mean mommy). This visit was so very different from previous visits: show me hopping on one foot, draw a circle for me, how high can you count, do you look both ways when crossing the street, etc. I was just choked up throughout Izzy's check-up seeing how proud she was to show our favorite pediatrician how big she was. Here were her 4 year old stats:
Weight 30 lbs (10-25%)
Height 38 inches (10-25%)

Laney had her 2 year check-up and here are her stats:
Weight 25 lbs (25%)
Height 33 3/4 inches (50%)
Head 49 cm (75%)

Friday night Nanny Natalie stopped in with her parents to spend some time with the girls and celebrate Izzy's birthday. Was SO special to finally meet Mr. Dave & Granny Panties (Natalie's parents). The girls spent a lot of time with them this summer and grew to love them as if they were another set of grandparents. I now understand why they loved them so...they are some very special people. So happy to have all of the family in our lives. Also learned that Natalie will be able to nanny for us again next summer. Of course I cried and am over the moon. Natalie is like my little sister and the girls adore her. We are so, so lucky!
Saturday morning we had a birthday brunch for Izzy, complete with two large bounce houses in the backyard. Can you guess the theme? Duh!
Izzy's best bud Luke
And my best buds: Lori, Jill, Katie & Jaime
Completely off subject, but here's a pic of Jen, Jaime and I from Saturday night. We had so much fun in Chicago and laughed so hard...just love my girl time!

0 comments :