Sunday, February 28, 2010

Delaney is 6 months old!!!

Yesterday marked 6 months of Delaney's time with us and we can't believe it! The first 12 weeks were mind-numbingly slow; however, these last 3 months have just flown by! To celebrate, Delaney cut her first tooth this last week. I was telling Brenna (my work car-pool-mate and close friend) this last week that I thought having a second child wouldn't be nearly as fun as the first. By this, I mean that with Izzy every single milestone she passed (and still passes) is the absolute best. We rave about her new skill, word, tooth, trick for weeks afterwards and are in constant awe of these things when they come. I had no idea this would be JUST as fun with the second child (read: I thought since we had already experienced a first tooth or a roll-across-the-room or sitting up that the next time around wouldn't be nearly as exciting). Boy, was I ever wrong! We are in constant awe of Delaney's recent milestones: sitting up on her own and playing, cutting that first tooth, rolling, rolling and more rolling! She thinks her big sis is hilarious (so do we!). And she is eating solid foods three times a day now. Wow. Before we know it she'll have a sippy cup in her hand and running around the house. Time sure does fly when you're having fun!
Delaney's 6 month stats:
-Weight 15 lbs 5 oz (just shy of 50%)
-Height 26 inches (50-75%)
-Head 43 cm (just shy of 50%)
Here is the video I was talking about last week...I remembered how to upload it :) Enjoy!

1 comments :

Cindy said...

Too cute. I know what you mean about not thinking you could love, or be in awe, of a second child. I was an only child and I was worried I couldn't do two. Let me tell you...I was the same way with Clint and Cheri. They were all unique and amazing, as they still are. Delaney will do something different than Izzy in her life and you will think, "I would have missed this if I hadn't had another child." I wish I would have had more. I miss what you are going through now, but you have to stop at some point. lol