Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

This weekend started off with me coming home to a very large Valentine made by the girls (with the great help from the Nanny!) and a yummy cake! Friday nights Mike works a little late, which means I'm left to dinner duty alone. Dinner time is the craziest hour in ANY home with small children, as the kids are hungry and fussy which = not fun to manage alone. Anyway...
Our Valentine and cake (Izzy helped bake and frost!)
Izzy's hand-made Valentine box filled with her classmates' cards and many Valentines from family...thanks for all of them, she loves getting mail!
This is how I fed Izzy on Friday night: rolled up to the family room so she can watch a movie (her favorite, UP) while I feed Delaney
Snugs
And once the girls were both down, I cleaned up and headed out to a girls' night with Molly. I've been unable to really "go out" much in the last year and half...so now that I'm no longer pregnant or recovering from childbirth...I'm trying to make a conscious effort to go out and have fun with the girls! Thanks, Molly, for continuing to invite me out and include me after all the times I've turned you down, girl! I had SO much fun.
We first had drinks (and apps) at a brand new bar in Broadripple called the Northside Social to celebrate Casey's birthday.
And then headed to my old stomping grounds The Wellington. The same blue grass band has been playing there for almost 8 years, and Mike and I used to go there to hear them play all the time. They surely didn't disappoint. This was also where our rehearsal dinner was almost 6 years ago...so it was quite nostalgic being there.
Saturday morning Izzy was going through all of her Valentines and discovered a lot of them came with tattoos (the ones Izzy handed out did as well). Who knew that tattoos were such a popular Valentine Day gift? Regardless, we had to put them on her hands. She looooved them.
Also a big thank you for all the Valentine's packages in the mail...the girls received so many fun outfits, toys and treats that it was hard to photo ALL of it. But a highlight are Izzy's new galoshes, her yellow monkeys!!! She is a HUGE fan of all things dress up and especially her boots. So thank you very much for all the presents!
Saturday night Izzy wanted to pull Delaney around the house in her wagon. I obliged, but not without padding the wagon with a blanket. Izzy loved it...
...Laney wasn't the biggest fan :)
Delaney in the Jumperoo...she's still not a huge fan, which we are surprised about, as she has been LOVING her exersaucer for almost 2 months now!
Delaney now sits in the high chair for our nightly family meals while Izzy now sits in her booster at the table. So fun that Delaney is getting to be such a big girl. She also loves being a part of the meal without being on a lap.
Other noteworthy news, Izzy no longer goes to sleep with her NUK!!!! We weaned her down to just using it at bedtime around summertime; however, I couldn't stand the thought of taking it away from her before Delaney arrived, as there was already enough change going to happen in her life (move to a big girl bed, arrival of a new sister, et al). Anyway, I came home from work on Thursday night and just decided it was time (Mike's been telling me it's been time for over a year now!). Izzy and I decorated a box, gathered her NUKs from her bed and night stand, kissed them all and said goodbye. We then wrapped the box and put it in the mailbox for the NUK fairy to come and pick up for all the new babies at the hospital. Izzy went to sleep moaning for about 10 minutes that night and woke up perfectly happy Friday morning. She never asked about it again, never talked about it, nothing. Hasn't been an issue ever since. If I would have known how easy it was to take it away - I would have done it a YEAR ago! Shame on me!! But it's so nice to have that habit broken. Delaney, on the other hand, has NEVER taken to a NUK and we aren't even offering one to her as we don't want to start this all over again. Now...potty training :)

0 comments :