Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is why my cup runeth over...

Nothing spectacular happened over the weekend. Rather, it was the ordinary things that happened and the everyday people in my life that have made me end my weekend with a large smile on my face. I just feel like my heart is full. And this is why:


-I have a great job that I love...and love the gals (and a few guys) I work with. I never wake up loathing going into work. This is a good thing.

-I have excellent childcare (a nanny) that treats my girls as her own. I never EVER worry about them throughout the day. I simply know and trust they are having fun and eating and snoozing and just doing silly kid things in the comfort of our home. This is peace of mind.

-I have started training for my annual 1/2 marathon. I am out of shape, as I haven't run a mile since November 1st, 2008. Breathing heavily and running on sore legs is not fun. But I can run. I can run. This I am thankful for.

-I have a doting husband that loves all three of his girls so much. He plays, he cooks, he simply puts up with all of us and loves doing all of it. We aren't perfect, but we work at it daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. We are a team and I love watching us grow as parents. This is partnership.

-I have the best girlfriends a girl could ask for. Period. I simply don't know what I'd do without my family of friends here in Indy. Thank goodness I chose to stay here back in 2002 when my world crumbled around me. My very first friend I made here in Indy is still one of my closest and also introduced me to my bestie back in 2007. Fate brought me here and fate kept me here. This is a blessing.

-I have the best daughters. They make me laugh. They make me roll on the ground with them and dress up and splash and tickle and paint and dance and I could go on forever. I simply have the most fun when I'm home with them. Most people in our lives know that I'm the first to turn down plans or delay plans to stay home with my family...and these are the reasons. I just couldn't be happier in the comfort of my home playing with the girls and laughing with Mike at the fortune we have every single day. This is a full heart.

One of their favorite things to do: snuggle.

My two close friends: Jaime (and baby boy #2) & Molly

Happy Delaney! Mike likes to call her Deuce. I like to call her Bug.

Delaney is now rolling ACROSS the room. Back and forth to get where she wants to go. I took several videos; however, I can't quite figure out (or remember) how to upload them.

Daddy was getting rid of some clothes and Izzy wanted to try them on

Poppin' her collar

Baking brownies with Izzalicious

1 comments :

Teany Family said...

Kelly, what a great post! You are such an amazing writer! :)