Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

THIS is why I love living in the Midwest where there are seasons: SNOW!!! I grew up with snow and am so happy to raise my girls in the snow. Don't get me wrong, I'm ready for the summer just like the next gal, but this snow was just BEAUTIFUL today. (Not so much fun to drive in yesterday, though.) We got over 8 inches of snow over the last 24 hours and Mike was ready for some sledding as SOON as he woke up this morning. He took Iz to Target & Walmart this morning, only to find all the sleds were sold out. They borrowed one from some friends and we took off...for the slopes (or hills, as this is Indiana).
Izzy & Daddy ready to sled
Daddy taught Izzy how to eat the snow
And how to pack a snowball
I just thought the trees looked amazing with all the snow
Walking through a winter wonderland
Ready to sled
The climb back up
Daddy got tired of carrying Iz, so he learned to pull her back up
After a few runs she decided to brave the hill alone...
And she loved every second of it!

1 comments :

Sue said...

Great pictures. Glad you are enjoying the snow. I can honestly say that I am not missing it. Though, if you have to have it, a weekend is the best...no having to drive in it and you can just relax and enjoy it!