Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Almost Famous...

Almost. But not quite. Actually, not even close. But a girl can dream. I believe this is as close as I'll ever get.

The company I work for is an athletic retailer. Maybe you've heard of it - The Finish Line. We sponsor many athletic events around the country (Nike Outdoor Nationals, various Nike races, etc.) including Indy's very own Mini Marathon. Part of our sponsorship includes a t.v. ad that runs during the race (and will air only locally, so most of you won't have the opportunity to see the commercial). I very much enjoy working for a company that supports both athletics and athletes, as I have a passion for both.

I was asked to participate in the filming and I had so much fun being a part of this project. The portion that I filmed (with a co-worker) was on the Monon Trail in Broadripple and then in a neighborhood near Meridian Hills. We filmed on a Friday (my typical day off from running) and I'm pretty sure we ran several miles with all the footage they took of us. It was so much fun running for pleasure...yet it was a bit difficult to not smile or look at the camera. Regardless, I think the final product turned out fun and I hope you enjoy it. Don't blink; it's 30 seconds long. Or 30 seconds short. Enjoy!

3 comments :

Sue said...

So fun! Good luck next weekend!

Teany Family said...

Wow, that is really neat Kelly! I hope I see it on TV this weekend. You look like a professional runner! :)

Laura said...

So cool! 9 mini-marathons! WOW! You go girl!!