Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

Love, love, loved this weekend. Mike was busy with Indy 500 festivities while I was able to enjoy breakfast with Deanna, dinner with Jaime, hangout time with Molly AND three days at the pool with my girls. Loved every minute of it.
Saturday morning before Izzy and I left for breakfast, she snugged with daddy
Izzy is very serious about wearing her "sunnies" in the car like mommy and daddy
We met Deanna & Connor at Cafe Patachou...yum!
And then we went to the opening day of the Monon center pool to meet Jaime (Gigi), Luke & Jacob (Mike stayed home with a snoozing Laney)
Izzy carried her bucket of toys around with her all weekend. She has a touch of hoarding in her (in all honesty, it's just the age of 2.5 - sharing is tough!). Went down the slide with the bucket and everything.
Saturday night we went to the Morse's house for the annual BBQ. I'm sorry to say I didn't take ANY pictures of the adults. Just one of Laney and Christopher (Falcione). They are growing up so quickly!
I didn't take one single picture on Sunday, as Mike was at the race and I was at the pool with BOTH girls solo. Had to get my bearings on how to manage two girls; feed them, play with them, change them et al. Was a crazy busy 2 hours but so much fun. Laney actually loves the pool (Izzy, on the other hand, at this age was not a fan) so that made managing both girls easier than I anticipated.
Mike joined us on Monday to swim. He ran to the pool and met us there. He immediately took Izzy on the lazy river to cool off. I think Bug is a touch too small to bring in...so we hung out in the kiddie pool.
Laney crawls and walks (with our help) all through the water. She's very brave and loves the water.
Splashing
Playing with daddy
Funny faces
Tonight Izzy was showing us how she feeds her babies (I found a bunch of miniature bottles from the hospital and she is having so much fun with them!)
The weather was beautiful all weekend, until tonight...it started raining. Izzy was dancing around the living room singing "Rain, Rain, Go Away!" and I just couldn't pass this up:

0 comments :