Sunday, May 16, 2010

Graduation, Yardwork, Anniversary & a Shower

It's been a very busy week in our lives, to say the least. My summer work hours started (work more Monday-Thursday to get Fridays off), Mike had class, Izzy had gymnastics & pre-school graduation, we celebrated our anniversary, Mike did his Spring yard work and I had a baby shower. Phew! Busy, busy.

Tuesday was Izzy's end of year brunch / graduation from the 2's class at pre-school. These are her two teachers, Ms. Sachs and Ms. Arnold. It's always fun to see her in her element...and it was sad to say goodbye. We'll see them again in the Fall, that's for sure.

Ms. Arnold made silhouettes for the entire class and they had us parents try to guess who was who. I picked Izzy out immediately but there were some moms that chose the wrong silhouette for their kids - funny!

I am just in awe of how spot-on this piece of art reflects Izzy's profile. Needless to say, I have already bought an 8x10 black frame and it's on the mantel. I just love it!

Mike was in the yard the entire weekend spreading mulch, planting flowers and a fruit / veggie garden. Of course, Izzy wanted to be out there with him to help...so the two of them spent a lot of quality time together. The above pic is of Izzy showing me her gymnastics (parallel bars) while daddy plants tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos and grapes.

Here Izzy is discovering worms.

She played with the worms for a long time. I had to walk away. Ick!

While Mike and Izzy were outside, I crafted a few projects. The "a" and the "P" were for the babysitters that watched the girls while Mike and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary (THANK YOU Sarah, Mark & Lauren...and Jack, too!). And the "t" was a shower gift for Molly, who is due with Tess in a few weeks.

Me, Molly and other Molly at the baby shower

Just a cute pic of Delaney

Sunday Mike was in the yard again and Izzy was doing some more "helping." She would follow her daddy around the yard digging, watering, spreading...it was really so neat to continue to look out the window and watch these two together. They have such a close bond and it simply melts my heart.

Watering the flowers (or the mulch).

For our anniversary, Mike got me a necklace from here: http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/. Mike had already gotten me a necklace from here with the girls' and his first initial on each tiny charm. However, this necklace has the girls' nicknames (what I call them) on it: Lou & Bug. I melted. Such an endearing gift and one with such meaning to me. And we got a piece of wall decor that I'd been eyeing for a long time with our name and wedding year on it. It's a combo birthday/anniversary gift. It's not hung yet, but it will go in our living room above our wedding guest photo:
I'm sorry to say we didn't get a picture of us together on our anniversary. But we dropped the girls at Brenna's house (her and Scott's anniversary is the same day and year as ours...so we were able to "share" their sitters/sisters) and enjoyed a delicious dinner together. Was so relaxing and enjoyable and we relived some stories from when we met. Great memories. Happy Anniversary, Mikey!

0 comments :