Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mini Marathon 2010



The weekend started out with Mike's cousins, Steve & Amanda, arriving into town on Thursday night. Friday afternoon Mike met his dad halfway to drop the girls for the weekend (this was the very first time we'd left the girls overnight for the entire weekend). We had a relaxing night at home watching movies and going to bed early in preparation for the morning's race.

The day's weather was VERY windy; winds were 35 mph and the temps were chilly in the 40's. This was by far the coldest Mini I've run in. Mike and I ran the first 2 miles together until he shifted into a higher gear and took off. I finished with an all-time PR (personal record) of 1:54:51. This was 13 minutes faster than my previous PR at the Mini (I ran the Monument Marathon in 2008 in 2:03:42)! My goal was 1:50 to be seeded for the Chicago Marathon...so I may try to run in another half marathon in two weeks to reach that time. I also placed 343rd out of 2,770 women in my age group (30-34), which is the top 12%. Pretty happy with that!

Mike finished with a time of 1:45:12...pretty darn close to his PR back in 2002 of 1:42:05.
Steve and Amanda finished - they ran/walked the entire way and I must say that Amanda got "participation points" with our family. Ha!

We returned home to HOT showers, naps, and then Amanda and I ventured out to the salon (Mike and the girls got me a gift card). Amanda got a pedi and I got a highlight and cut. Then all of us met the Falciones out for dinner at Mama Carolla's in Broadripple and drinks at the Library in Carmel. One word about dinner: YUM! It's my absolute fave and we just had a blast being with such good friends.
Amanda & Steve

Sandi & Katie

0 comments :