Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

It's been raining here for what seems like weeks on end. We've had glimmers of sun here and there, only a brief reprieve until the next big storms come through. This means lots of indoor play time and creative ways to spend our time. Dress up is Izzy's favorite activity these days, and really all things princesses. She loves Ba.rbie and all the Di.sney princesses and will tell you every chance she gets that she is a princess. Yes, dear, we know.
 And in between tea parties and dance parties, we are a whole lot of silly!
 Just another day in Mike's life: dressing up with a tutu on his head while researching the best grocery prices in town
 Friday I had the day off and sent the girls to school so I could get errands done and my carpets steamed. When I picked the girls up we headed right for the park for some play time before ballet.

 Saturday morning we hit up the library and ballet...and after naps the Feller fam came over for some play time.
 I have never held two 20+ lb bambinos in my arms at the same time and it was difficult. I swear to you my right are (bicep and forearm) is sore today. And I think I held them for a total of 60 seconds. Yikes.
 With our relay run coming up in 5 weeks, a few of the team members came over to make our tutus (as our team name is 12 Tutus & 24 Tatas...it's only fitting). Mine is yellow and black as my fave color is yellow and I'm intending to use this for a Halloween costume. If you'll be spending time with me on Halloween this year, I promise I'll Fe.breeze the heck out of the tutu before wearing it to the party. I just need a good excuse to wear my Jane Fo.nda-esque leotard again and this is the perfect excuse :)
 Jaime is making a pink tutu in honor of her cousin who was just diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer.
 And my friend, Karie (Gooding) Teany, is also running on our team. I have known Karie since maybe 4th grade and haven't seen her since high school circa 1995. She lives 30 minutes away and we reconnected via FB a few years ago. I knew she was a runner and has been involved in both the Mini and Chicago over the years...so I had to invite her. What better way to reconnect, right? Was so wonderful to see her after all these years!
 And today started off very rainy (shocker!) so the girls and I took off for breakfast, errands and meeting our best gal Molly at the book store to play. We left Mike at home, as he spent all day Saturday and Sunday reorganizing our garage. He got the bug after we completely gutted and organized our basement a few weeks ago. This time he took everything out of the garage and slowly organized every little thing back into storage bins, shelving units and wall hooks. It looks incredible. I think he gets this bug every year and it just feels so good to have that space de-cluttered!

 The girls (briefly) watched their daddy in the garage and stood there dancing and singing songs to him while he worked. They both will start singing (their own made-up songs) and be so serious and into their words and voices, it's just hilarious to sit back and listen to. Mike and I just crack up at them sometimes because they try to out-sing the other.

And finally, we had some neighbors stop by this afternoon selling little flowers that they grew in their greenhouse as a way to make money (they are 8 and 11 years old and have been doing this for 3 years - quite the entrepreneurs!). They offered 8 different varieties, $10 for a dozen. I can't remember the name of what we bought but the picture showed them as bright pink. Izzy and I planted them in two large pots on our back deck. With all this rain they should pop up quickly to brighten up our backyard. Here's to hoping for some sun in the next week!

0 comments :