Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

We had a long 4 day weekend at home and I'm not wanting it to end. Seriously. I have been having the best time with the girls and Mike that I just don't want to go back to work tomorrow. Fortunately it's a short work-week and we have fun plans next weekend to look forward to. But I find myself watching the girls dance and sing and even scream and not wanting this to end. Just basking in this right now...so this post has to be a quick one!
We hosted the annual bbq at our house (we try to rotate houses each year between all the families that we go to the race with). Weather was iffy and Jaime capture our bigs playing in the rain.
While I captured her smooching on her little.
Love these girls!
We woke up earrrrly on Sunday to head out to Spe.edway high school for 4 hours of tailgating. I hadn't been to the race since I was prego with Iz, so I was somewhat out of practice (but believe me, I managed). Mike's cousin Steve (basically our brother) and his girlfriend Amanda came in for the weekend. We LOVE having them here (and so do our girls!!!).
This was the best people-watching we witnessed. Not really sure what we were looking at, but this guy meant business. Btw, it was about 80 degrees and he was rockin' hiking boots, boxing gloves, full beard and old school headphones. Whatever it takes dude...rock on.
This is how I spell trouble: Mike, Michael, Ricky and Jason. So fun.
Mike & Becki
Jason & Sandi
Was a fun (and long) day!
We said goodbye to Uncle Steve & Aunt Amanda (check out Izzy adoring Steve...love it!) this morning. Then went for a quick family run and were off to the pool:
The pool was jam packed today and I'll be looking forward to the days we go and it's calm and quiet. We were able to go down the slide many-a-times, go around the lazy river twice and do lots of jumping into the big-kid pool from the side. We're getting into the groove of the summer...and I love it! Swimsuits drying on the back deck and little girls waking up from their naps smelling like SPF, here we come!

0 comments :