Sunday, November 22, 2009

Swimming and such...

Since this weekend was my last official weekend of maternity leave, I wanted to do something different and special with Izzy. We have had a beautiful weekend here in Indy, but I wanted to do more than the typical park/playground outing. So we headed to the Monon Center to swim!!! The indoor water park is kept VERY warm and so is the water...Izzy immediately loved it and ran right into the water (she has no fear and was walking until the water reached her chin!). Delaney hung out in the front carrier with me while we watched Izzy go down the slide and play.

Our social butterfly, she had to wave hi to all the kids and lifeguards right away. Giving a shout out to her peeps.

At the top of the slide...

Cheering for herself at the bottom of the slide

Playing in the water
Delaney fell fast asleep, as the heat of the park and all the white noise put her in a deep slumber.

This was too cute...while Izzy and I ate lunch, Mike swam laps (he's gearing up for a University of Evansville Swim Team Reunion in a few weeks). Izzy was so infatuated with watching him, calling for him every time he swam away and waving to him every time he came back. She was his biggest cheerleader and even wanted to get in the lap lane with him. Ah-dorable.

This is a picture of our (now nearly empty) freezer. I have been working hard the last few weeks to get approved to donate all my frozen milk from when I was on dairy. Couldn't feed it to Delaney (read: COLIC fit if I ingest dairy) and I didn't want to throw it all away. It was 6 weeks' worth of supply. After an intense physical background check, OB & Pediatrician approval and blood work, I was given the go-ahead to make my donation. My donation was over 150 ounces of milk, which I am told is the quantity ONE hospital orders each week. Milk banks help preemies weighing under 2.2 pounds and mothers who have had double mastectomies to feed their babies. Makes me feel good that I will be helping families in a small way. And that we have our freezer back to storing regular food items :)
This is a picture of Izzy mimicking mommy: she is tucking in her lovies for bed. She is very into swaddling and caring for her babies like I do for Delaney. Too cute.
This is what it looks like when we chat with my mom on the web cam. Mom reads books to Izzy (shown above) or Izzy will show my mom her toys or play dress-up with her. Too cute.

Mike and I might be web-cam-ing with Izzy this week, as we just waved goodbye to her: Izzy is spending 3 nights with Mike's dad until we head up for Thanksgiving. I will admit that I shed a few tears as she pulled out of the driveway. I am going back to work tomorrow and our nanny doesn't start until next week. Mike will be at home alone with Delaney while I'm at work (starting a new job - I got a promotion while on maternity leave!). Will be a big transition week for us, so please keep us in your thoughts!

1 comments :

Sue said...

Hope your first day back goes well! Congrats on your promotion!