Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tree decorating...

As per our usual post-Thanksgiving tradition, we put up our Christmas tree this weekend. I was not super fired up about doing this, as it entails bringing up boxes from the basement (Mike's job) and digging through to find the ornaments that tickle my fancy this year (read: make a mess!). With having a toddler in the house, I feel like I'm constantly picking up...and this task would mean more picking up and organizing! But we ended up doing it and were happy we did. Izzy had a great time "helping" and I think Delaney LOVES the lights.
Izzy helping daddy find the lights that work
Izzy thought it was funny to actually WEAR the stockings (she found a box of old items and I let her do as she wished)
Izzy helping to decorate...we put a lot of kid-friendly ornaments at the bottom that she has since taken off, kissed, and put back on. Over and over again.
And of course the girls had to look up at the lights from below. It's become a tradition of ours.
Delaney spent some time under the tree admiring today
The finished product
Just a random picture...I tried bathing both girls together last night. Was not an easy task, but was different and fun for us. I'm looking forward to when Delaney can actually sit up and take a "big girl bath" in about another 3 months!

0 comments :