Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Bug!

Well today is Laney Bug's first birthday. I can hardly believe it. I no longer have a baby. We survived the first year. Thank goodness that's behind us. These are all the things running through my head right now. Don't get me wrong, I love her still being so little and snuggly. But I am just NOT a fan of the baby stage(s). Yes, I miss nursing. But I can tell you I do not miss about 100 other things: feedings every 2-3 hours, night waking, colic, naps in swings, blowouts that stain clothes yellow, etc. I get nostalgic for the hospital and our birth story whenever my thoughts go back to one year ago today.

It's just so hard to believe that 12 months and 1 day ago I was a big, waddling prego and today I'm up to running 18 miles. Sometimes when I'm running those longs miles and playing games in my head on how to keep running, I remember how much pain my little body was carrying around a 10 month fetus in my belly. Now THAT was pain. Running 18 miles is a cakewalk in comparison. With running I know there is an end in sight and it's only a few hours away. But carrying a baby...that felt like it would never end. But, alas, it did. I had a long labor but little Laney Bug came out after just a few quick pushes. She was ready for the world and still is.

Laney has quite an outgoing and relaxed personality. She has just as many facial expressions as her big sis and just as loud of a voice! Delaney has found her place in our family and holds our hearts in her hands. We have loved getting to know her and cannot wait for what the future holds for her!

Her pediatrician appointment today went very well; Delaney is growing & progressing both physically and cognitively. Her 1 year stats are:

Height: 28 5/8 in - 50% percentile

Weight: 19 lbs - 25% percentile

Head: 46.5 cm - 75% percentile

How did this little bugger become this...

Happy Birthday Laney Bug!

0 comments :