Sunday, August 15, 2010

New haircut & dance party

Last week Mike and I decided it was time to cut Izzy's hair...it was getting far too long and with the heat we just had to get it off of her shoulders. I took the scissors out and chopped it...to her chin. After 2 straight evenings of post-bath trim/shape-ups, I decided it was time to take Iz to a profesh hair-fixer-upper. Here is the result:
I had Friday off (and since school started back up and therefore the pool lacked their lifeguards, we couldn't go to the pool!) and so we ventured to the library for a dance party!!! We met Brenna & Jack there where the girls had a BLAST. Oh my goodness...30 straight minutes of dance party USA. Loved it. When we first got there, Izzy said her buddies were there (very few people are considered her buddies; Luke, Tyler, Elissa, Molly, GiGi) and I just brushed her comment off b/c none of these people were at the library on a Friday morning. Until I realized Izzy was giggling with delight and said buddies sitting next to us...their mom introduced herself to us as Elissa's sister!!! Our nanny's sister and her two girls would meet up with our girls once or twice a week for playdates. SO FUN! But I have to admit I was choked up immediately and realized how close these girls had become (holding hands, dancing, hugging, giggling). Made me miss Elissa even MORE than we already do! Was such a treat.

Jack, Delaney & Izzy

Even Delaney was dancing!!!

Laney & Taylor

0 comments :