Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old friends...


Tonight I had dinner with one of m oldest friends, Mandy. She emailed me last night to ask if I'd be her date tonight for an awards banquet here in Indy. Um, of course I'll be your date! We hadn't seen each other in about 3 years so it was long past time to get together. It's amazing how quickly we picked up where we last dropped off. We were laughing in no time and reminiscing about old times. Mandy and I grew up together in Moon Lake Village back in Hoffman Estates...I'm thinking we met when I was in 3rd grade...so maybe I was 7 or 8. Regardless, it had been too long. I was proud to be Mandy's date, as she was awarded with a pretty prestigious sales award for her company. I'm so proud of where you've been and what you've done, Mandy. And I'd be honored to be your date at many more of these dinners. Thanks for a delicious meal at Ruth's Chris and for some belly-aching laughs. Love you, girl!

0 comments :