Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last weekend at the pool...

Since we will be out of town (camping!) next weekend, this was our last weekend to enjoy the pool. And enjoy it we DID! Spent both Saturday and Sunday there and I seriously didn't want to leave today. Just had so much fun. Delaney absolutely loves the water (and has no fear of crawling into all depths!) and Izzy is becoming quite the fish. I do not want to wait another 9 months to get back there - makes me sad the summer is coming to an end.
Have I told you how much I just LOVE this age? Months 12-24 have to be my absolute fave. So many new things happening: teeth (all 4 top front at once!), standing on her own, taking steps on her own (!!!) and mimicking most of our sounds and words. Love. It.
Mommy & Bug (Jaim...thanks for taking this pic, as I rarely have any of myself and the girls!)
Yep, you're seeing this pic correctly...it's nanny Elissa & Tyler! Elissa emailed me on Friday to see if we wanted to get together for a playdate. Um, yes please! They came up early Saturday morning and spent about 4 hours with us. The girls were in giggle heaven with these two. I hadn't spent this much time with Elissa and the girls EVER and it was just so evident how much fun they have together and how much they all love each other. Melts my heart.
Sunday Delaney was very brave crawling and standing (on her own - nearly gave me a heart attack!) under the water fountains on the side of the pool. She was giggling at herself...she sure is building some confidence!
Loving the water
Cruising on the side of the pool
We decided since Izzy loved swimming in the lake so much that we'd grab a life jacket and head for the "big kid" pool. As soon as we walked into the water we saw the Morses! What a fun surprise! Izzy immediately wanted to do everything Ben was doing...so that meant up and down the enclosed loop slide about 100 times! We had to drag them away so Iz could do some jumping and swimming...and some relaxing on the lazy river, too!
Like I said, Iz has become quite the fish and was swimming all over the pool. She'd jump in to daddy, swim a ways out, then swim back to the side. Repeat. Loved it.
Laney's turn to swim with daddy!
And float on daddy, too!
We're sad the summer is coming to a close, but are looking forward to some nice crisp Fall weather and hanging out in our backyard (water station and play set haven't seen too much of the girls recently as it's been too darn hot!).

0 comments :