Thursday, August 26, 2010

State Fair & Sugarland Concert

I have a small confession to make: I've become a country fan in the last 5 years. It all started when I was selling pharmaceuticals all over the state of Indiana. I was in the car a LOT. I had XM radio and loved, loved, loved listening to the radio. This is when I discovered the awesome-ness of country music. Simply put, it just makes me feel good. I had been a fan of Dixie Chicks since college, and even went to their concert in 2003...but my love for country grew in the car. Over the years I have become more diverse in my country repertoire and embarked on my 2nd ever country concert: Sugarland!!! Little Big Town opened for them and both acts put on a stellar performance.
My girlfriends from work bought these tickets while I was on maternity leave, so that lets you know how long I've been anticipating this show!
Me, Chelsea & Lori at work ready to head out into the heat of the Fair
Indulging in a corn dog...yum!
We listened to Josh Kelley perform on a free side stage (he is married to Katherine Heigl and is brothers to the lead singer in Lady Antebellum)
Lori & Kelly
Brenna was chomping at the bit to get on a carnival ride...hilarious
Then the rest of us went on this crazy ride. I literally thought my life was in jeopardy. Scarey mary.
The stage
Just the four of us. Oh, and 12,000 others!
Sugarland was absolutely incredible...it was worth staying out WAY past my bedtime for a night of singing and dancing with the girls!

0 comments :