Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 week to go...

This was my last 3 day weekend of the summer at work and we spent it doing a wide variety of fun activities. Friday Izzy and I met a girlfriend and her twins at the library for reading hour. Came home and helped daddy in the garden (the tomatoes made for some YUMMY salsa!). Friday night we brought dinner to Katie & Rick and visited with their 6 week old, Christopher. Izzy was over the moon to see a little baby and was face-to-face with him the entire time. She was enamored and kept pointing to his eyes, ears, mouth, nose. Adorable.

Saturday we woke to chilly temps (in the low 60s) and rain, so that meant no pool. Izzy and I ventured downtown to the Children's Museum (thanks, Mom for the annual pass, we love it!) to meet Jaime and Luke. The new entrance is open at the museum and Radio Disney was there to welcome us. In fact, the radio gals were dancing to some High School Musical tunes and Izzy was right there with them dancing. She loved it and it was hard to tear her away from the dancing.


Climbing the wall (she made it to the top and then slid down)

Izzy loved the carousel
Iz, Jaime and Luke
We finally put up the rest of the decals...I love how the Isabelle turned out and then Mike decided to put the little birdie near the door instead of with the rest of the decals. Turned out pretty cute!

And today also brought cooler temps...so we stuck close to home. Went on wagon rides, played in the driveway with chalk and even played basketball with daddy.


It's hard to believe I'm due in 7 days. Had a scare on Thursday at work...lost part of my vision for a while and immediately went into the doctor's office. My blood pressure was normal and the baby was doing well, so they let me go (they feared it might be preeclampsia). And yesterday I started getting pretty regular contractions (10 min. apart). They lasted all afternoon and then stopped late in the evening. False labor. All weekend Mike and I have been nesting, trying to keep distracted. Mike did some painting, caulking and garage cleaning while I cleaned all the windows and sills and have my bags packed, ready to go. I'm glad to be going back to work tomorrow to keep my mind off of my impending labor.

In other news, our Izzy girl pooped on the potty tonight. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!? She was pretty shocked, herself! I know this won't happen overnight, but I'm just so impressed by how quickly she is growing up and all that she is accomplishing on a daily basis. Also, this is her last week at Goddard School and her preschool starts next week. Lots of transition happening in her world. She's so darn resilient that I don't think we'll have much of an issue. Again, I think I have more anxiety over changes in her life than she does!

Here's to hoping the next post is a birth announcement!!!

0 comments :