Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laboring at home

My labor started at home on Tuesday evening. I was awake the entire night timing my contractions. I finally fell asleep from 4-6 am, only to awaken to NO contractions. I went into the doctor's office that morning (with the car packed with our hospital bags) to see if I had dilated any from the day prior, to no avail. I called work and told them I was officially on maternity leave, as I didn't want to go into the office and labor there. Yuck.

So I waited. The contractions came back early afternoon and I immediately called my sister. She was on her way down to Indy, as we knew it was just a matter of time. Once she got into town we had to keep busy to keep my mind off of my painful contractions. So we played dress-up with Izzy, read books on the potty, and once Izzy was down, we walked all the cul-de-sacs in my neighborhood while I labored. It was HOT and muggy. But I needed to get this show on the road. I kept laboring and recording my contractions.




Izzy showing off her reading skills on the potty

0 comments :