Sunday, August 16, 2009

T- Two weeks...

Was another hot weekend here in Indy. As you can see in my previous post, Mike and I spent Friday downtown watching the Colts game. Izzy spent the night with the Fellers again...she just loves it there with Luuuuuke and GiGi (Jaime). Izzy and I both woke early on Saturday, around 7am and below is what we did for the first hour we were awake...
Katie on her pillow and Izzy on hers
We spent the day at the pool (our favorite summer spot) and then Luke came over to our house for the night so his parents could have a date night. I love that Luke jumps right into Izzy's tea parties and jewelry dress-ups. When Iz is at Luke's house, she plays with his tool workshop and golf clubs!
After a yummy dinner we gave the bambinos popsicles and this is Izzy's excited face
And this is Luke's excited face!
We put some finishing touches on Izzy's big girl room this weekend. Above is another window we *kept* from our Broadripple house. There is also one in the baby's nursery, but that one is hung horizontally. I wanted to do something a little different, so we hung it vertically with some fun black and white pics of Iz and various family members. I love how it turned out and that you can see it walking down the hall into her bedroom.
Above is a wall decal that we haven't quite finished applying. There is a violet colored "Isabelle" in cursive that overlays on this "I" - but due to some technical difficulties, that will go up later.
And this work of art is handmade by my very talented girlfriend, Lori. I found this idea at Pottery Barn for over $100 and showed Lori, who claimed we could do it ourselves for far less money. She was right: we bought all the supplies for UNDER $20!!! It's made of buttons and scrapbook paper. I cut all the paper using different sized hole punches and Lori SEWED each button and piece of paper on by hand. So. Talented. I love the final outcome and think it's even better than the Pottery Barn version!!! Thank you Lori!!
Just to give you an idea of the size...it's 24"x24"
And finally, today was *so hot* that we spent the morning at the pool (which we, once again, closed down due to swim-diaper issues), came home to all 3 of us napping, and spent the afternoon indoors to keep cool. We'd usually have our afternoon popsicle snack outdoors; however, today we had this treat indoors. Finished up the evening with a long web-chat with my mom (whom "shared" a popsicle with Iz). What a wonderful weekend we enjoyed. Only two more weeks until that all changes!

1 comments :

The Feller Home said...

I seriously heart these two together! I mean can you get any cuter than the excited faces over the popsicles?! Love it. Thanks for watching him girl; we had a blast on Friday with Iz...can't wait to do it again :) xoxo