Sunday, August 9, 2009

Three weeks and counting...

This weekend marks the final 3 week countdown until baby Mac #2 gets here (whom still remains unnamed). I've been having ants in my pants to get out of town and visit girlfriends in Chicago; however, doctors orders that I can't travel much further than 2-3 hours by car. So I had to settle for yet another weekend at home in Indy. And this weekend did not disappoint. We actually had one of the most enjoyable weekends of the summer, yet it was quite uneventful.

On a side note, we have been spending a lot of time using our new webcam this week. I bought one for my mom's birthday and we have tried to talk to her on it nearly every night this past week. Izzy will play dress-up or show her toys and we have even had a "dinner date" with my mom and Izzy in her high chair. We've become huge fans of the webcam and are so excited to have it, we'll even bring it with us to the hospital so my mom can meet baby #2 once we're in recovery. Mike's dad and step-mom have also started webcam-ing with us. Izzy absolutely loves it and I'd highly suggest this to anyone who has family out of town. I can't believe we haven't tried this before now!

Also, Izzy has officially peed on the potty TWICE this week. A few days ago it was just a little dribble. I cried. Didn't know if it was a fluke or not. But we both sit on our potties and read daddy's "books" (read: magazines). Tonight we sat, and sat, and sat until Izzy stood up and pointed. TA-DA! Lots of potty inside and lots of squealing ensued. She was so proud of herself and so were we! Guess it's time for some big girl undies. So exciting.

We three hit up the pool all three days this weekend, as the weather was the hottest we've had summer-to-date! Jaime and Luke joined us on Saturday:
Luke and Izzy are nearly inseperable when they are together. We thought we'd try these new life jackets the pool offers and Izzy ended up barrel-rolling in hers in the big girl pool. Um, maybe next year we'll try it again.
Other than the slide, Izzy's favorite thing to do is go in the lazy river with daddy. There are waterfalls they go under and Izzy asks for more after each time.

Classic. This is Izzy saying "cheese."

My all-time favorite pic of these two best buds. Hands down, this is the best pic ever. I truly hope these two remain as close as they are once Izzy leaves Goddard. Breaks my heart to take her out of there...

Saturday night we had a delicious dinner at the Feller house. Brandon & Elle joined us with their little Cooper and these guys stayed up VERY late just playing with each other.

Izzy loves to cuddle with Aunt Jaime
And this is what happens when Izzy gets her hands on crayons. She hides and eats them. This was hilarious, as after we cleaned her face, Jaime and I kept on trying to get the crayon out of her teeth...to no avail. So stinkin' funny.

And today, Sunday, was the hottest day of the year here in Indy. The pool was packed and we had a blast. Izzy continued to do lots of floating in the kiddie pool and many rounds in the lazy river. I loved sitting with my feet in the pool watching Izzy and Mike float in the water and bond. They are so cute together and Izzy just hangs on Mike's every word. Can't believe we get to do this all over again with another little girl!!!

0 comments :