Sunday, August 30, 2009

Laboring at the hospital...

By 9:00pm I finally called the doctor and she said she'd meet me at the hospital. Phew. Kim stayed at home with a sleeping Izzy until my bestie Jaime came to the rescue to pick girl up for an overnight. Soon Kim joined us at the hospital. I was admitted at 9:30 and was dilated to a 3. They set me up on some Nubane pain drip and let me continue to labor. An hour later I was at 4cm. They started the Pitocin drip. I wasn't dilating very quickly and they wouldn't break my water, as Delaney's head was still very high. There was a risk if they broke my water that the umbilical cord would come through the cervix before the baby...which has a very technical term and is very dangerous. Kim, Mike and I watched about 4 movies over the course of 9:30pm until about 8:30am. Waiting. Around 7am, when the doctors switched their on-call duties, the next doctor on call decided it was time to break my water. I swear, within 30 minutes I went from a 6cm to a 10cm and the baby was crowning. She came SO fast once my water was broken that the nurse had to quickly pull my doctor out of a surgery! I believe I pushed around 5 times and Delaney was born!
This was taken right when they told me we were ready to push. I was a crying mess...just so emotional that it was about to happen so quickly after waiting ALL NIGHT!
Strong set of lungs
So sweet
I couldn't stop crying
Yeah!!! We did it!

0 comments :